Sunday, April 02, 2006

Chairman's convention - Phuket




Wow, Phuket was absolutely beautiful. We were fortunate enough to have a weeks holiday with all sorts of activities on HSBC. Wayne was nominated and won a spot to be in the top 120 achievers in HSBC from around the world. With this, HSBC paid our airfares, our hotel, our excursions, food and beverages for 6 days. They even paid for our departure taxes when we left the airport. I was told that the week cost the company $2,000,000.00USD.

We went elephant trekking, swimming with elephants, a couple of trips to the Spa (for massages and facials), Golf, Thai cooking classes (yes Dad, I have proof that I was actually cooking) and sightseeing trips which included snorkeling around the reefs. It was absolutely fabulous. I thought I would share a few photos with you. There is even a photo there of Wayne and Sir John Bond.

The best part of the week was meeting some great people. A big hi to all off our new friends from around the world. I got known as the "Sydneysider". People just didn't know which category to put us into as we have moved around so much. We did get to meet all of the important people and I didn't get myself into too much trouble.

To cap the week off on Saturday night we had a wonderful Black Tie Gala Dinner. Great food, great wine, great dancing and entertainment was had by all.

Till next time......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home