Sunday, October 30, 2005

The dreaded Orthodontist!

Hi all!

Well the day has finally come when the boys have to get braces on their teeth. For Jackson this is his second attempt at a beautiful Hollywood smile and the first for Dylan. I am thinking I will have to get a loan from the bank to cover the costs. I forgot how expensive braces where. We found a great dentist who teachers Orthodontics here at the University. So in theroy she knows what she is doing. Talk to me in 2 years time and I will let you know if she knows what she is doing in practice.

Today is a big day for us....we are off to the Space museum with the boys. Yes it is a Saturday and Wayne is able to spend the day with us. So we thought we should do something family orientated. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be the first time since we moved to Hong Kong that we will be taking the boys over to the dark side. This meaning KOWLOON!!!!! I was hoping for a really nice day, but outside doesn't look to promising. We are dealing with really nasty smog at this time. But the main thing is it is getting cooler outside, in fact it is quite chilly at the moment.

Yesterday the boys had to go to school in their Halloween cosumes. Jackson was dressed up as a Dementor (with makeup) and Dylan was a skelton. They both looked awesome, if I do say so myself. All the kids on their bus thought they looked really cool. The bus driver in his chinese accent was screaming and laughing all at the same time. Jackson helped a couple of girls in his class decorate the classroom door for the Halloween parade and they won first place. So everyone in their class gets to have a dress down day on Monday. Did I tell you all that he was nominated as Class President. I asked him what were his new duties....his reply, "I look after the bake sales!". Not only did he get them the first place on the door prize, but he is also looking out for his classmates welfare by making sure they have enough cakes to get them through the day.

Tonight is our first night ever of Trick or Treating in Hong Kong. They are expecting thousands of kids to come and ask for candy. One of my neighbours told me that last year she went through 10 pounds of candy in 15 minutes. Last year in Florida it was taking us 8 months to get through 6 pounds of candy. I think I will dress up in my Sally costume to scare the kids a little bit. I'm sure I will be one of the few parents to dress up tonight. I promise to take photos and put them onto my next update.

Anyway enough from me.

Till we meet again.

Sam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home